Emergency Broadband Benefit Enrollment Opens in Arvig Service Area
The Emergency Broadband Benefit, a new Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program will be available to eligible consumers on May 12, 2021. The temporary benefit is designed to help to lower the cost of broadband service for qualifying households during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The $3.2 billion Emergency Broadband Benefit program provides a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for qualifying households on qualifying Tribal lands.
Arvig is providing easy-to use online resources to help eligible households find more information and enroll in the program, which is scheduled to open May 12, 2021. The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) is also providing an online or mail-in application.
“Arvig is committed to helping everyone have access to quality high-speed internet,” said David Arvig, Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Arvig. “As we move through the pandemic, the Emergency Broadband Benefit presents an important step in helping families get the internet service and technology that is so important every day in our home and work lives.”
A household is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of these criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid or the FCC’s Lifeline program.
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income through job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
To get started, go to www.arvig.net/broadbandbenefit.
Additional information about the Emergency Broadband Benefit is available at www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit, or by calling 833-511-0311 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Monday through Friday. Find more information from the FCC on how to sign up at www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit at Read a fact sheet from the FCC at https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-370355A1.pdf.
Headquartered in Perham, Minnesota, Arvig is a local, employee-owned broadband and full-service telecommunications provider. As an independent, employee owned internet service provider, Arvig is committed to delivering cutting-edge technology to customers throughout the region. Arvig provides residential internet, television and telephone services. Additionally, Arvig provides a wide variety of business technology solutions, including fiber internet service on a 13,500 route-mile network. Visit arvig.com for additional information.