1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT, HOW WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW WE USE IT.
We may collect different types of information based on your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you. All such information shall be treated as Confidential information and shall be disclosed only subject to and in accordance with the processes and procedures outlined within the Service Agreement. Some examples include:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Billing information related to your financial relationship with us, including your payment data, credit history, credit card number, taxpayer identification numbers, security codes, and service history.
- Equipment, Performance, Arvig Website Usage, Viewing and other Technical Information about your use of our network, services, products, or websites.
2. WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN THREE PRIMARY WAYS:
- You give it to us when you purchase or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide.
- We collect it automatically when you visit our websites or use our products and services.
- We obtain it from other sources, such as credit agencies.
3. WE MAY USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT IN A VARIETY OF WAYS, INCLUDING TO:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible.
- Provide the services you purchase, and to respond to your questions.
- Communicate with you regarding service updates, offers, and promotions.
- Deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you with your permission.
- Address network integrity and security issues.
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, or violations of our Service Agreement or Acceptable Use Policy.
- Provide local directory and directory assistance.
4. INFORMATION SHARING
- With Arvig Companies: Subject to applicable legal restrictions, such as those that exist for Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI), Arvig may share your Information within Arvig to make sure your experience is as seamless as possible, and you have the full benefit of what Arvig has to offer.
- With Non-Arvig Companies: We share your Personal Information only with non-Arvig companies that perform services on our behalf, and only as necessary for them to perform those services.
- We require those non-Arvig companies to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this policy subject to terms at least as restrictive as those outlined in the Service Agreement.
- We do not provide Information to non-Arvig companies for the marketing of their own products and services.
- In Other Circumstances: We may provide Personal Information to non-Arvig companies or other third parties for purposes such as:
- Responding to 911 calls and other emergencies.
- Complying with court orders and other legal process.
- To assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft.
- Enforcing our agreements and property rights.
- Obtaining payment for products and services that appear on your Arvig billing statements, including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts to third parties for collection.
- Anonymous & Aggregate Information
- We also may anonymize the information we collect about you.
- We obtain aggregate data by combining anonymous data that meet certain criteria.
- When we employ non-Arvig companies to anonymize and/or aggregate data on our behalf, the requirements for sharing Information with non-Arvig companies apply as outlined herein apply.
- We may share aggregate and/or anonymous information in various formats with trusted non-Arvig entities and may work with those entities to do research and provide products and services.
5. SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION: OUR POLICY ON DATA PROTECTION AND SECURITY
- We do not sell your Information to anyone for any purpose.
- We maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes, subject at all times to the destruction or return of such information.
- We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect your information when stored or transmitted by Arvig.
- We require non-Arvig companies acting on our behalf to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this Policy, subject to terms and conditions at least as restrictive as outlined in the Service Agreement. They are not authorized to use such information for any other purpose.
6. CUSTOMER PRIVACY CONTROLS AND CHOICES
- You can review and correct your Information collected by us.
- You can limit certain types of solicitation communications from Arvig, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail, and text messaging.